The Illuminating Engineering Society of North America (IESNA) has recently released a Lighting Ready Reference app for smart phones and tablets.
Loaded with useful, concise lighting information, this app can be a handy look-up reference for specifiers, electrical contractors, facility managers and educators.
Information included in the app ranges from specification tables to lighting definitions to explanations of lighting concepts. A few of the categories in the app include:
- Illuminance Tables
- The Principles of Quality Lighting
- Lighting System Maintenance Guide
- Light Loss Factors
- Lighting Controls
- Lighting Economics
- Energy Efficiency, Codes and Sustainability
These and other topics are covered in an easy to navigate interface. The convenience of a phone / tablet app makes this information accessible to professionals working on site on building lighting projects.
Latest posts by Dave Burtner (see all)
- LED Direct Replacement: A Guide for 26W, 32W and 42W 4-Pin CFLs - October 25, 2018
- Step-by-Step Guide: LED Troffer Replacement - October 16, 2018
- Connected Control: Know Your Options for Commercial Outdoor Fixtures - October 2, 2018
- MR16 Luminous Intensity: How Does LED Stack Up Against Halogen? - September 20, 2018
- Lighting Reference: New Smart Phone & Tablet App from the IESNA - September 6, 2018